Dec 17, 2018
Freedom Partners supports common-sense criminal justice policies that pursue justice equally for all, inspire a culture of respect for every individual, protect and enhance public safety, and foster personal and societal transformation. Our top priorities are:
- To stop overcriminalization
- To ensure due process for every defendant
- To ensure individuals’ Constitutional right to representation by a lawyer
- To eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
- To reduce recidivism through data-driven prison programs that help prepare people to successfully return to society.
- To remove barriers that prevent the formerly incarcerated from having a real chance to succeed after they have paid their debt to society
- To protect taxpayers through smart on crime policies that guard against wasteful spending on programs that don’t work
We will work with anyone looking to bring about real criminal justice reform by ending overcriminalization, defending individual rights, reducing incarceration consistent with public safety and creating second chances for people who want to turn their lives around.
Dec 17, 2018
Dec 14, 2018
Dec 11, 2018
Arlington, VA – In response to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s announcement that he’ll bring the First Step Act to the Senate floor for a vote in the coming days, Americans…Read More