Freedom Partners supports common-sense criminal justice policies that pursue justice equally for all, inspire a culture of respect for every individual, protect and enhance public safety, and foster personal and societal transformation. Our top priorities are:
- To stop overcriminalization
- To ensure due process for every defendant
- To ensure individuals’ Constitutional right to representation by a lawyer
- To eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
- To reduce recidivism through data-driven prison programs that help prepare people to successfully return to society.
- To remove barriers that prevent the formerly incarcerated from having a real chance to succeed after they have paid their debt to society
- To protect taxpayers through smart on crime policies that guard against wasteful spending on programs that don’t work
We will work with anyone looking to bring about real criminal justice reform by ending overcriminalization, defending individual rights, reducing incarceration consistent with public safety and creating second chances for people who want to turn their lives around.
Holden will be joined by Florida State Sens. Jeff Brandes and Keith Perry, returning citizen and FAMM Fellow Matthew Charles, and representatives from Americans for Prosperity-Florida, Right on Crime, the American Conservative Union, the James Madison Institute, and others.
Among the members of Congress, Supreme Court justices, family members, and friends present at the State of the Union, there will be a special guest – Alice Johnson.
This time last year, Alice…
Now that the date is set for the president to deliver this year’s State of the Union address, there are a few things we are hoping to hear from him as…
Make no mistake: The FIRST STEP Act is a landmark piece of legislation.
Signed into law last month, it addressed some of the worst aspects of the U.S. criminal justice system…