Oct 24, 2018
Freedom Partners supports common-sense criminal justice policies that pursue justice equally for all, inspire a culture of respect for every individual, protect and enhance public safety, and foster personal and societal transformation. Our top priorities are:
- To stop overcriminalization
- To ensure due process for every defendant
- To ensure individuals’ Constitutional right to representation by a lawyer
- To eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
- To reduce recidivism through data-driven prison programs that help prepare people to successfully return to society.
- To remove barriers that prevent the formerly incarcerated from having a real chance to succeed after they have paid their debt to society
- To protect taxpayers through smart on crime policies that guard against wasteful spending on programs that don’t work
We will work with anyone looking to bring about real criminal justice reform by ending overcriminalization, defending individual rights, reducing incarceration consistent with public safety and creating second chances for people who want to turn their lives around.
Oct 24, 2018
Oct 18, 2018
“This new poll confirms that conservatives overwhelmingly support evidence-based criminal justice reforms that make us safer and give people a second chance,” said Freedom Partners Chairman Mark Holden.Read More
Oct 11, 2018
Oct 10, 2018
“The president rightly understands that our country has an over-incarceration problem caused mainly by antiquated ‘tough on crime’ policies of the failed War on Drugs from the 1970’s to the present.”Read More