Freedom Partners supports common-sense criminal justice policies that pursue justice equally for all, inspire a culture of respect for every individual, protect and enhance public safety, and foster personal and societal transformation. Our top priorities are:
- To stop overcriminalization
- To ensure due process for every defendant
- To ensure individuals’ Constitutional right to representation by a lawyer
- To eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
- To reduce recidivism through data-driven prison programs that help prepare people to successfully return to society.
- To remove barriers that prevent the formerly incarcerated from having a real chance to succeed after they have paid their debt to society
- To protect taxpayers through smart on crime policies that guard against wasteful spending on programs that don’t work
We will work with anyone looking to bring about real criminal justice reform by ending overcriminalization, defending individual rights, reducing incarceration consistent with public safety and creating second chances for people who want to turn their lives around.
Arlington, VA – Freedom Partners Chairman Mark Holden issued the following statement in advance of a meeting with the White House tomorrow to discuss the importance of criminal justice reform.
“We are greatly…
Arlington, VA – Freedom Partners Chairman Mark Holden issued the following statement, applauding law enforcement officers for their steadfast commitment to keeping Americans safe and calling for a renewed emphasis on criminal justice…
Arlington, VA — Today, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is expected to unveil a new policy that will give federal prosecutors more leeway to override states and more aggressively enforce federal marijuana…
As we prepare to ring in the New Year with celebration, we’d like to take a minute to reflect on the past year and our work with the administration and Congress…